Western Heritage is looking for an archaeological permit holder to join our team. This is a full-time position. Previous experience is preferred, but all that are qualified are encouraged to apply. The position is to start immediately but is negotiable.
Western Heritage is a heritage management and geomatics company that has been operating in western Canada for over 30 years. We have built a solid reputation for our quality work, which addresses client and community needs and regulatory requirements while maintaining standards of excellence through our rigorous safety program and foundation in science and innovation.
- Professional development opportunities, including internal and external training
- A collaborative environment that focuses on integrating archaeology with geomatics, Indigenous consultation/community engagement, and science-based innovations to improve the quality of the industry as a whole
- Extensive and ongoing mentorship and support for the development of solid expertise and superior skills in the field and office
- Opportunities to purchase company shares in the future
- M.A. in archaeology or equivalent (e.g., M.Sc., M.E.S.) in a comparable field of study (e.g., Indigenous or environmental studies)
- Ability to hold an archaeological permit in Saskatchewan or have a clear plan to achieve permit-holding status in the future
- Demonstrated success in working with others as part of a team; able to take direction from others as well as to lead and supervise team members
- Critical thinking, problem-solving skills, highly organized and self-motivated
- Hold a valid Class 5 Driver’s License, be physically fit, and able to work in remote and rough terrain under harsh conditions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office or Apple iWorks; some GIS experience (QGIS or ArcGIS) is an asset
All applicants with relevant experience will be considered, but we particularly encourage those in the fields of archaeology, Indigenous studies, anthropology, or earth and environmental sciences to apply. Western Heritage is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
To apply, please attach a copy of your resume to an email cover letter and send to: email@example.com with the subject line: “Permit Holder – Manitoba”