Western Heritage is looking for an archaeological permit holder to join our Alberta team. This is a full-time position that is to start immediately; however, start time is negotiable. Previous experience is preferred, but all that are qualified are encouraged to apply. If you are looking to participate in the direction of a company and potentially become an owner, Western Heritage is the company for you.
Western Heritage is a heritage management and geomatics company that has been operating in western Canada since 1990. We have built a solid reputation for our quality work, which addresses client and community needs and regulatory requirements while maintaining standards of excellence through our rigorous safety program and foundation in science and innovation.
- Professional development opportunities, including internal and external training
- A collaborative environment that focuses on integrating archaeology with geomatics, Indigenous consultation and community engagement, geophysics, UAV surveys, and other science-based innovations to improve the quality of archaeology as a whole
- Mentorship and support for the development of the skills you need to excel in the field and office
- Opportunities to be an owner through share options
- M.A. in archaeology or equivalent (e.g., M.Sc., M.E.S.) in a comparable field of study (e.g., Indigenous or environmental studies)
- Ability to hold an archaeological permit in Alberta, have a clear plan to achieve permit-holding status in the future, or have previous experience leading crews in the boreal forest
- Demonstrated success in working with others as part of a team; able to take direction from others as well as to lead and supervise team members
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, highly organized, self-motivated, and a strong drive for lifelong learning
- Hold a valid Class 5 Driver’s License, be physically fit, and be able to travel and work out of town for up to 10 days at a time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office or similar software; some GIS experience (QGIS or ArcGIS) would be an asset
All applicants with relevant experience will be considered, but we particularly encourage those in the fields of archaeology, Indigenous studies, anthropology, or earth and environmental sciences to apply. Western Heritage is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
To apply, please attach a copy of your resume to an email cover letter and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Permit Holder – Alberta”